The Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security has the following requirements for obtaining a Learner Permit (Class PD License):
• You must be at least 15 years old.
• You must have your parent or legal guardian sign the “Minor/Teenage Affidavit and Cancellation” form.
• You must have a Certificate of Compulsory School Attendance Form signed by a school official and valid for 30 days.
• You must be able to pass a written knowledge and vision test.
• You must pay the permit fee of $10.50.
The Learner Permit (Class PD License) is valid for one year.